1. Who is eligible for consumer membership of Our Table Cooperative? Any individuals, households and entities that purchase products from the Cooperative are eligible for membership.
2. What do I have to do to become a member and how do I maintain my membership? Becoming a member-owner of the Cooperative is easy - just fill out a membership application and purchase your membership share for $150. You can join online or fill out a paper application available at our on-farm retail store.
3. What is an "active" member and how do I keep my membership "active"? To maintain active status as a member, you must purchase product from Our Table Cooperative at least once per calendar year.
4. Is there a payment plan available for the cost of my membership share? Yes, you can choose to pay for your membership share in six equal monthly installments of $25 each. The first installment is due with your membership application and we will bill you for the remaining installments. Once your application has been processed and your first installment payment received, you will be an active member in good standing with the full membership rights and responsibilities. However, any patronage dividends due to you will first offset the amount of unpaid balance for your membership share.
5. How long does my membership last?Does my membership expire? As long as you continue in your status as an active member, there is no expiration date to your membership.
6. Is there anything expected of me once I become a member? Members of the Cooperative have certain rights and responsibilities. Complete details can be found in the Bylaws. To get the most out of your membership, we hope that you will participate in the governance of the Cooperative and educate yourself about the Cooperative as much as possible. As a part of our collective community, it is expected that members will act with civility and mutual respect while on Cooperative premises and treat all co-op facilities and equipment with care and respect.
Most importantly, it is our goal to create community through food and, for this to be successful, the interactions between all of us need to be based on interdependent relationships rather than mere transactions.
7. What does it mean to share in Our Table's profit? How does it work? At the end of each year, if the Cooperative makes a sufficient profit, this profit or surplus is shared amongst all the Cooperative's members in a proportional fashion. This profit sharing is called a patronage dividend. Your total purchases for the year determine your share of such profits. Please refer to the Bylaws for further information.
8. If my membership status becomes inactive, how do I get it up and running again? All you have to do to re-activate your membership is to start purchasing product from Our Table Cooperative again.
9. If I need to unfortunately terminate my membership, how do I do so and what happens next? Active members may resign their membership by sending a written notice to the Cooperative. The original price you paid for your membership share is fully refundable subject to the conditions described in the Cooperative's Bylaws.
10. Can I purchase more than one membership share? No. In order to create opportunities for as many people as possible to be part of the cooperative, and to have an equal voice, each person can own only one membership share. However, other members of your family or household can purchase their own share. Each membership share entitles you to one vote in the Cooperative.
11. I love Our Table - how else can I support the Cooperative? We have a few ways for Our Table members to support what we're building
Buy our food and eat with us! Put yourself in the habit of making us your go-to grocery.
Participate in its governance. The Cooperative business model depends on active member participation for its success. Unlike other forms of business, Cooperatives are organized for the benefit of their members and each member has equal say in the operation of the Cooperative. Vote in elections, run for the Board of Directors and attend member events.
Share Our Table with your friends & neighbors! Through word of mouth, volunteering, Facebook and Instagram, share your love of Our Table!
Invest your money in the Cooperative by purchasing shares of Capital Stock. Capitol Stock investors have very limited voting rights but receive an annual dividend. Refer to the Cooperative's Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws or contact us for more information.
12. What if my address changes? Let us know! We need to stay updated in order to keep you updated as a cooperative owner. Please call us at 503-217-4304 or drop us a note at email@example.com within 30 days of any changes to your contact information.