– Chef Kerri
What you need:
- A few fresh tomatoes, or our OTC roasted tomato kit (purchase through our CSA or at the Farm Store)
- One onion- white or red (I prefer red fresh, white roasted)
- A few gloves of garlic
- A spicy pepper of choice (jalapenos are great, start with a half to test spice level)
- A lemon or lime, whichever is preferred or on hand
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler. Place quartered tomatoes, garlic, onion and pepper on a sheet tray, and lightly cover with olive oil. (You can even roast the citrus as well!)
- Checking often, broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until outsides of vegetables are charred. Let rest until cool to the touch.
- In a food processor or blender, zip the vegetables along with lemon or lime juice, and add salt/pepper to taste. Adjust as needed, and enjoy! Great served warm or chilled.